Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quick and Easy #4

This, friends, is a comfort food night.

It's a rare cool and cloudy September day here in L.A., and we've got to make the most of it!

Therefore, I present you with Bow-Tie "Lasagna".

(You will quickly see, however, that I thought I bought bow-tie this week, but did not find it in the cupboard tonight, so dinner turned into a use-up-whatever-pasta-I-have night. And that huge penne noodle right in front is bothering me now).

Husband loved it, and if you have kids, they will love it too. The original recipe is from tastykitchen.com.



Time: 25 min
Serves: 6

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef, ground chuck, ground turkey, or whatever you prefer
  • 5 c. bow-tie pasta
  • 3 c. spaghetti sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
  • A few twists of the pepper grinder
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (I didn't have any so I just shook my containers of oregano and basil over the pot a couple times)
  • 1/2 c. mozzarella
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • Olive oil

Directions:
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pot, and drizzle/toss with a little olive oil. 
  2. Meanwhile, cook ground beef in a pan until no longer pink. 
  3. When pasta is ready, mix in the spaghetti sauce. Add cooked meat and seasonings; stir well and heat through. 
  4. Fold in the cheese and sour cream and cook over low heat for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the flavors to combine. 
  5. Serve it up! It was great with garlic bread and a salad. I was really craving parmesan green beans, but the fresh green beans that I forgot to use up last week weren't edible anymore. Oh well. 

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment