Thursday, July 7, 2011

23 Weeks

Here we go! Finally! Here's what I look like at 23 weeks pregnant. Supposedly the baby is twelve inches long (head to toe), and I know she's probably in a pretty bunched-up position most of the time, but it seems like my belly should be way bigger if I've got a twelve-inch child living inside me!

For reference, here's the timeline so far:

7 weeks




And now, here we have...


People ask me all the time, "How are you feeling?" And my answer is, "Great!" And I do seriously feel great. I'm not tired, I can eat everything, my belly isn't very big yet so it doesn't really get in the way of anything, and I can feel our baby girl moving and kicking inside me all the time. I'm so thankful for how God is growing her day after day. It's easy to be doubtful and anxious and wonder all kinds of "What Ifs", but when I stop to think about what is true-- that God is in control of her development, and I can do nothing about it, and that God will always give us what is best for us-- my wrong thinking turns into thankfulness and amazement over this child that he is growing inside of me right now.

And on a practical note, leggings and tights are the most wonderful things in the world!! I am so thankful that maternity leggings exist, and I would live in them every day if I could!

.

1 comment:

  1. wow! you look great at 23 weeks! keep the photos coming. i think around 28 weeks or so is when youre going to start getting bigger. that's the beginning of your 3rd trimester and you add 1/2 a week...yep! do the math :) so glad you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete